The medical Korea information center provides comprehensive support services for foreigners living or visiting Korea. The services are available in English, Japanese, Chinese, Russian, and Arabic.
If you’ve ever lived in a foreign country, then you know how terrible it can be, especially if the primary language is one you don’t speak nor understand. I won’t lie, I love living in Korea, but I hate having a middleman for everything. Can I go to a doctor without needing a translator? Some things are private, and I’d like them to be that way.
Whenever I hear about services such as those offered by the Medical Korea information center, I feel happy because it shows that the Korean government is doing it’s best to try and make our lives as foreigners as comfortable as possible.
So I made it my mission to find out exactly what kind of services that the center offer to foreigners and how exactly can we benefit from it. Here are ten services found at the center:
Consultation on immigration and visa issuance
- Got visa or immigration related queries and would like to get some help from a reputable source? Then the Medical Korea information center is your place.
Guidance on cosmetic surgery VAT refund
- You can get a tax refund if you pay more than 30 000 WON for cosmetic surgery at specific clinics.
Providing medical translation support
- Language creates a significant divide between Koreans and foreigners, the Medical Korean center assists with translation.
Providing information on health institutions and medical services
- Need to know where to go for what? Then the Medical Korea Information Center is your go-to place.
Providing tourism information (places to stay, eat, visit, etc.
- The center also provides luggage storage services in Myeongdong
Filing medical malpractice suits for the patients
- The center also assists on medical-related legal matters and complaints.
Providing information on illegal broker and related issues
Providing free Korean traditional medicine consultations including measurement pulse rate and Sasang constitution diagnosis which I already wrote about here.
One-stop service platform for foreign patients to reserve and pay Korean medical services and non-medical services (accommodation, pick-up, translation, etc
Providing a place for relaxation and meeting for tourists
- Apart from all the serious stuff listed above, you can just go to the center to chill and meet other foreigners as well as buy Korean souvenirs.
Contact Information – You can contact the Medical Korea Information Center via phone or online board – 2F, Shinil Building, Toegye-ro, Jung-gu, Seoul, Korea –
Tel : 1577-7129,
From Abroad +82-1577-7129 –
Web: www.visitmedicalkorea.com – E-mail: email@example.com – Business Hours: Mon to Fri 9:00~18:00